Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Growing Up | Progress | Patience With Self And Others! ~~~Nancy

Website Building And Design | Devotional Doorway | Emotional Health | Spiritual Health



"... until 25 years ago, I didn't have a clue as to what I really wanted to be. And when I'd attempted things; they never really took off. What I can share with certainty is that - alcohol and drugs will rob you of your life. Even while living - nothing really gets going when you are using something. So, finding a few careers in these past 25 years is an amazing thing. Wife, mother and now, who would have figured, website publisher, YouTube Creator,

WOW

. And all I did was put down a drink and pick up ... " ... see below ...

General Index | Cancer Topics | Conditions Topics | ~~~Nancy's Blog! | ~~~Nancy's Videos!





Donations to The Cleveland Courage Fund for Gina, Michelle and Amanda of Cleveland Ohio. Please help them to recover, with prayers, and donations if you are able.
Thank you! ~~~Nancy



Ya know, it can be tough - learning lessons in life. I try and do good; be good to people, people in my life, people that I love. Sometimes I give too much of myself; or expect a great deal from myself; I let myself down sometimes by losing patience with someone that I love. Patience is something that I have a lot of. I don't know why. Patience with others comes easier, patience with myself is more difficult. I've learned to be patient with others; so, I suppose the lesson of being gentler on myself will come in time too.




Everyone loses patience with people they love; at one time or another in life. It's called 'being human'. But, I don't want myself to be human - at least I act as if I should be more than human - because I still feel very let down when I'm not perfect; and it is usually by snapping at someone. I won't ever be perfect, but I can keep trying to behave better.



Over the past years I have to say, I've gotten so much better. Having patience is something we learn as we grow up; my growing up was delayed quite a few years by my drinking. It's not an excuse - it's reality.

Your brain can't grow when it is numbed. Your emotions aren't available when they are 'sopped' with alcohol.

Being an alcoholic is my story. I thank God that I'm sober; and have been - I'm in my 25th year of sobriety. But this growing up thing - it's still newer to me. I missed those 'formative' years - I'm grinning because that was sort of a joke ('formative' years are younger years). But I did miss the growing up years. From 19 to...33 years old - I drank and drowned my sorrows in booze. It is just my story. One part of it - at least, but a major part. And it will always be; so that I will remember - and not have to go back to that life! (They say that 'history should always be remembered, so that it won't be repeated. I believe in that.)


That is one large reason that I love my job so very much. In my past - until 25 years ago, I didn't have a clue as to what I really wanted to be. And when I'd attempted things; they never really took off. What I can share with certainty is that - alcohol and drugs will rob you of your life. Even while living(meaning if it doesn't literally take your life - nothing really gets going when you are using something. So, finding a few careers in these past 25 years is an amazing bonus. Wife, mother and now, who would have figured, website publisher, YouTube Creator,

WOW

. And all I did was put down a drink and pick up a life! Well, I had to pick up some spiritual tools too - and ask for some guidance, from some people and from a 'Power Greater Than Myself'. That power could have been any 'of my choosing'. No one said what my Higher Power had to be like. It could be anything, as long as it was greater than me. The only power that I knew was 'God'. [You can see my web page titled: "God's Promise".] Didn't quite know how to work with - God. But, thankfully - with a lot of practice, and time - I found more and more help and direction from my God. And it has developed over the years. And it got easier; life got easier.






So today I struggle sometimes with small things like - losing patience for a minute with someone that I love; at least

I have the people in my life, who I love

and they love me. I never had that back when I was drinking. So, growing up late is - much better than never growing up at all.


Another day, and another crisis in ~~~Nancy's day solved. So easy if I just - try and not always have to be in charge, if I can say that I can learn, and I can make a mistake. Most importantly, if I can realize that

other's have a right to be human!

Bye for now! ~~~Nancy



Also, now you know. If I'm complaining or whining... I'm just learning another lesson! And learning is good!


Preface | Note From The Editor | Cover Page | Front Page | Front Page Two | Front Door | Portico | First Floor | Side Door | Sources And Citations | Gratitude | Appreciation | Public Service Announcements | Site Map

| Permissions | Disclaimer |Medical Disclaimer | Site Map