Thursday, May 28, 2015

Reese Howells | Holy Spirit Possession | Answers To Life's Questions ~~~Nancy

Website Building And Design | Devotional Doorway | Emotional Health | Spiritual Health


"When the Holy Ghost asked Rees Howell for his body. He made it plain to him that if he submitted, his whole life would be given for the souls of men and the furtherance of God's kingdom. This was the life he would begin living if he agreed to let the Holy Spirit come in ... Everything in his life would have to be made subject to these goals."

... see this below ...
IMG


~~~ "This time in my life I am understanding the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I can tell you that I am receiving some of the parts of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is really something else. You wouldn't believe it if you haven't experienced it. I've found that the answers that I am receiving come from 'abiding' in Christ, I'm not certain of what the term to 'abide in Christ' means, however I'll be looking for the definition of this."  ... read more below ...


Rees Howells | Holy Spirit Possession


~~~ On this page are pieces of the story of a man named Rees Howells who gave his entire life to the Holy Spirit in submission for some great gifts, of which we have greatly benefited! ~~~Nancy Gurish



Rees Howells

Please click through here to view an image of Rees Howells! ~~~Nancy

~~~ Hi!This is me! ~~~Nancy! I've been praying for 26 years in a steady, everyday fashion. My prayers have matured and expanded especially in the past two years. The Rosary has been added to my routine and this has begun to teach me more about the life of Jesus and has been bringing the Bible to life for me. In September of 2014 I attended a 'Life in the Spirit' retreat which was a prayer session lasting for seven weeks. In the 1970's I attended a Life In The Spirit retreat (in house) at the old, now gone, St. Joseph Christian Life Center, in Cleveland Ohio. This time in my life I am understanding the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I can tell you that I am receiving some of the parts of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is really something else. You wouldn't believe it if you haven't experienced it. I've found that the answers that I am receiving come from 'abiding'.
[What does abiding in Christ mean?]
One source says:

One of Jesus’ most vivid and powerful illustrations for the believer’s relationship with him is the vine and branches. Just as branches can only bear fruit if they abide in the vine, so the only way believers can glorify the Father through fruitful lives is by abiding in Jesus. The teaching is found in John 15, where Jesus prepares his disciples for his imminent death and departure, by instructing them about their calling and mission as his disciples, and emphasizing their absolute dependence on him.

As Jesus says in verse 5,"] receiving answers.



~~~Ah ha! Answers! I knew it! I knew it! Answers! ~~~Nancy



Lately it has come again to my attention, that one purpose of prayer is to receive answers. That is what I've most gotten from my prayers in the past 26 years.

Answers. Answers to life's situations and to the difficulties that confront me in my life.

This is one of the greatest gifts of my prayers - answers. There are a certain number of 'official gifts' of the Holy Spirit. I'm not certain if 'answer' is one of the gifts; I don't believe it is. But, it is among my greatest claims to prayer. Answers. I'm not yet interested in the 'Full Holy Spirit Possession' made by the man Rees Howells to which this page is dedicated. He gave over his entire life to the Holy Spirit; to be used for great things. I'm not in that ballpark, but now and then - through my web pages and videos: I'll give you what I've gotten from prayer. God Bless you all! ~~~Nancy


What are the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit?




"When the Holy Ghost asked Rees Howell for his body. He made it plain to him that if he submitted, his whole life would be given for the souls of men and the furtherance of God's kingdom. This was the life he would begin living if he agreed to let the Holy Spirit come in ... Everything in his life would have to be made subject to these goals."



BOOK REVIEW: Holy Spirit Possession - by Sanda Cooper by Florence Udell "I first read Holy Spirit Possession by Florence Udell when I was wrestling with a choice God had presented to me. I had a decision to make, a serious one, and this book helped me make the right one. Since then He has presented plenty more, as He does with all of us, and the principles in this book have greatly enlightened me about God's dealing with us, and our response back. For Mrs. Udell probes to the depths the meaning of "Not my will, but Thy will be done," and "... present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God."



~~~ Hi. It's been several months that I've been reading from one of the books about a man named Rees Howells. This book is called "Holy Spirit Possession The Ultimate Place in Christ, by Florence Udell. This book had become a part of my morning meditations along with my Rosary and my booklet, "Rosary Meditations from Mother Teresa of Calcutta" by Fr. Martin Lucia, SS.CC. Boy I have been learning a lot. Most of what I learn is reassuring and spiritually educational but some of the story of the Holy Spirit Possession book, the story of Rees Howells' life, has been to me a scary proposition.


~~~ Searching online for more about Rees Howells I found some videos and a biography of Rees Howells on Wikipedia. The short story of Reese's life is that he was "called to a life of faith." From my book I had read that this man offered his life to the Holy Spirit for full possession, and that meant leaving behind many things of the world, and going forward in full and complete faith that the Holy Spirit would provide and make right each and every sacrifice that Rees left behind. Full control over his money was part of this 'tilling' that the Holy Spirit performed in his life. Rees found time and again that the money needed for his work was provide for by the Holy Spirit. The ultimate sacrifice, it seemed to me as well as to Rees, and no doubt to his wife, was to leave his son behind, I believe in Wales; while Rees and his wife travelled to Africa to carry on the work of the Holy Spirit in that country. This was a permanent move and the son Samuel Howells was left to be raised by an aunt.


~~~ An excerpt from Florence Udell's book: "Rees thought, "Does He really mean it?" [Jesus had said, "He who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." | "You must prove to me that you love the souls of the Africans, who are to live for eternity, more than you love your own son."] {I'll interject here, that you must read this full book, in order to get the full meaning of this statement! There is a lot to this Holy Spirit Possession; Rees offered his whole self to be fully possessed. This is not something you would try at home on your own!} This is just a part of the story within Mrs. Udell's book. "They learned that day that Africa was going to cost them something. And they were glad they only had to go through this test once in a lifetime."



Once the Holy Spirit took possession of him in 1906, Rees Howells, a Welsh miner, was led deeply into a ministry of intercession for many situations including healing, conversions and to challenge death at home and abroad on the mission field.


As the story progresses, "Rees found that the daily path he was called to follow was truly the way of the cross. Every self-centered thought was dealt with at once by the Holy Spirit." Another surrender that happened to Rees many time, "As you read the life story of Rees ... you will notice that the Holy Spirit's dealings with him frequently touched the surrender of his money." "... the words of the apostle Paul: "For the love of money is the root of all evil" (I Timothy 6:10)." "... it is the "love" of money which is the root of all evil." Florence said, "People emphasize the word "love" in this verse .. it is my experience that wherever money is involved, the love for it is also involved." This was good for me to see for understanding of this biblical reference to Paul's words. Another thing that helped me in the concept of letting go of control of money, for me was this: "You can't have false pride and give away your money. You can't have greed and part with your money. You can't have ambition of your own and part with you money. You can't have malice against anyone you willingly help with your money". ~~~ This made me see clearly the value of being willing to part with money, i.e. giving to charity or the needy.




"He and his wife were later missionaries in Africa. He was led down the path of intercession for many years, before seeing Revival across Southern Africa from 1915-1920. The rise of Adolf Hitler and the outbreak of World War II also marked a period of strong activity in Howells' ministry of intercession.
They had only one child, a son, named Samuel Rees Howells, who later became the Director of the Bible College of Wales.
In 1924 he founded the Bible College of Wales in Swansea, Wales, now called Trinity School of Ministry which is now in Rugby, Warwickshire.
Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rees_Howells



"It was from this position of power that Rees became a channel of revival in Southern Africa, and, on returning to Britain, a mighty spiritual force which many believe changed the course of World War II."



~~~ There is to me a satisfying twist that happens in the lives of Rees and his wife at the surrender of their son. Samuel grew up and joined his father in his ministry in Africa. Later Samuel, as stated above from Wikipedia: "became the Director of the Bible College of Wales." Samuel Rees Howells carried on his father's ministry. God knew this would happen ~~~Nancy.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isiah 55:8 9).)







"In December 1910, Rees Howells married and later he and his wife received a call to be missionaries. This would mean leaving their newly born son Samuel at home to obey this call. Samuel would grow-up to become an intercessor and the story of his life of intercession is told in the book Samuel Rees Howells: A Life of Intercession. For Rees and his wife, they left Samuel in Britain, and after this long and hard death experience they both left for Southern Africa."







My husband has a new experience to share. He told us about how he has been listening to a John Denver C.D. in his car... The words "you'd surely be a poor man, if you've never seen an eagle fly" were in one of the songs. He said to himself, "I must be a poor man, because I've never seen an Eagle fly." A couple of days after that, on the job - he and his co-workers saw an Eagle flying in the sky. He said to the other men, "Is that an Eagle?" It had a white head... and he indicated about 3 and a half foot tall, with his hand, if it were standing. It was massive. This is in the middle of the city, in the streets of Cleveland, in - Northern Ohio. The city streets, and my husband saw an Eagle fly! He's not a poor man now! ~~~Nancy



I am missing you so much Sara! a.k.a. Pearl! ~~~Nancy (a.k.a. ~~~Sara's mom).




General Index | Cancer Topics | Conditions Topics | ~~~Nancy's Videos!

| ~~~Nancy's Website and YouTube Creators Video Channel! | ~~~Nancy's Spiritual Walkway Video Channel!